Make your own free website on

The Disk Harrow

The Directions

     This is the instruction booklet that came with the Model JB Harrow. The implement itself is called a HARROW. It just so happens that it uses DISKS to do its "dirty work". Just as you can have a "moldboard plow", a "chisel plow" or a "disk plow"; you can also have a "springtooth harrow", a "spiketooth harrow" or a "disk harrow". Webster defines a harrow as "a wheelless agricultural implement set with teeth, upright disks, etc., usually of iron, drawn over plowed land, to level it." The John Deere Company calls it a "HARROW" on the cover of the user's manual.

     I rest my case.

    You may call it a "disk", for short, if you'd like.

Turn the page to see more about Harrowing.

Go back to Implements.

Send Green Email to Gene
Go to Gene's Tractor Page